Wednesday, May 26, 2010

And I thought...

It was a long time between the last two posts...

For those of you who don't know, I have been been paid out and am now on a Disability Support Pension. The first order of business after receiving my payout was to pay off our house. I actually did this the day the money arrived...

Next on the agenda was another mode of transport. Getting to and from my appointments in Townsville was proving to be a pain; with only one vehicle in the family picking the girls up from school required help from other people as I would have the car... This simply would not do of course and to this end I purchased a 2010 model Honda VTR250. Sure, I'm the only one who can ride it so it's my primary mode of transport when it comes to medical appointments. It also has the added bonus, according to Kerry of cheering me up when I ride it (apparently).

The spending sort of quietened down a little after that, until recently. We are now getting a full length patio (screened of course), installed on the back of the house at ground level. This is starting in two weeks and should be completed by mid-July. It will be a nice addition to our home and will give us a cool retreat in the summer months.

Medically, nothing much is happening. I was supposed to have a review last month, however apparently the clinics are being split and I so have fallen through the cracks. The hospital are hoping to have this rectified within the next few weeks. It will be interesting to see, as I am starting to feel weaker and even Kerry has commented that I am losing muscle mass from my thighs again...

I am still receiving monthly infusions of Intragam (freaking wonderful) with three more to go before the next infusion review. It would be nice if this came to an end, however I am not expecting it. Instead I am sort of expecting Dr. Keary to put me back on Infliximab which I am definitely not looking forward to. It is a significantly form of chemotherapy, and one which I have had an adverse reaction to in the past. Oh well, that which does not kill us...

Well, I had better sign of for now and will hopefully update a little more regularly in the future...

Cheers,
Jason...

No comments:

Post a Comment