Friday, January 15, 2010

I'm still here...

Sorry, I know it's been a while, but we've been quite busy. (Read: I've been quite slack)

Physio is going well, well I suppose... I'm as sore as heck by the end of it, but I suppose their job is to try to stop the muscle degradation as much as possible so there is no use in complaining.

We had Christmas Day here. My Dad and Half-Brother Darren came up from Proserpine; Megan (half-sister even though you wouldn't know) and her Partner Jayson came down from Townsville and Kerry's parents came over from Ayr. A lovely meal was had by all and at the end of the day, Megan and Jayson decided to take Madison and Charlotte back to Townsville with them as I had an infusion on the following Wednesday and we could collect them then...

On the medical front, I am now experiencing constant neck pain, which means that that the flexors have decided to join the rest. Oh well, that's what happens I suppose.
Also went to see my GP today for a check-up. Not much change there. He seems a little concerned that my bruising from the last infusion a few weeks ago is still visible though...

Family wise though, it's been great... The girls got a bucket load of games for the Wii from Santa; Band Hero has been a favourite with the whole family getting  into the spirit of playing instruments. Charlotte especially seems to enjoy it as she jumps and grooves down while singing or playing the guitar. I however seem to get relegated to the drums as apparently it is 'too hard daddy'...

Madison spent a few days in Proserpine with Granddad Vic last week. She had a fantastic time, and we will be returning there as a family early next week to celebrate the holiday season with Jody and family now that they have returned from the US...

Again with the Medical I suppose...

I have to see Dr. Keary in Townsville for another check on the 28th. After that I have a Respiratory test on the 2nd and another infusion on the 3rd... It will be interesting to see how things go with Peter, as he never agreed with me being given Intragam infusions and would have rathered Infliximab. The change may occur now however as his registrar (Louise, who I had been seeing the most) has returned to Brisbane and been replaced. Infliximab is apparently what pulled me out of trouble in 2007, so I suppose it's not a bad thing; It's just that it is a 'hot' drug that I know I have had reactions to in the past...

Anyhoo, I will be staying at Megan's during the weeks surrounding the next group of appointments. She is going to the 'Great South East' (yup lovely place that...) for a wedding and I am babysitting her cats... Sort of worked out well there for all concerned I suppose; I will post something from there to let you all know what is happening...

Cheers,
Jason...

No comments:

Post a Comment